Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My Audio Gear


Qinpu A800 Mk II

For the last couple of years, I have been using the heavyweight, Qinpu A8000 MkII. 100 watts per channel AB class and the difference between this brute and the 2A3C is stark and astounding. The latter came across as warmth, typically of tube, and more detailed and refined. The 2A3C is a 5 watt per channel SET with Class A amplification. As the Klispch is notoriously high efficient, the pure 5 clean watts are all it takes to create a live shattering performance. It's not over yet as I have been told that the ultimate performance comes in after the amp has run-in for 100 hours. I am already sold on the 2A3C's virtues and I reckoned I have to decommission my Qinpu for early retirement.

Dared 2A3C

My advice is if you own a pair of Klipsch loudspeakers the 2A3C is your best bet in amplification. You don't need more than 5 watts to drive them. The 2A3C is highly recommended if you are looking for a great tube amplifier.

Dared VP-845

My next stop will be this ultimate amplifier, the Dared VP-845. Costing a cool US$3,500 with only 18 watts per channel Class A amplification, it must be one of the most expensive amplifier in terms of dollar per power output. The VP-845 weighs a massive 40 kgs and you probably need two men to carry it. Once I get my hands on one of these, I will relegate the 2A3C to my bedroom. It won't be longer than six months.

You can read a review on the Dared VP-845 at Six Moons, http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dared/845.html

No comments: